Up All Night, Chronicle #001posted in Apartment Life, Miscellaneous on Mar 22, 2008
Just as I mentioned in my last post. Tonight I’m staying up all night to get ready for my new shift. Since I don’t have any plans at all, every hour or so tonight I’m going to write down a few sentences about what’s going on. This will be good not only because you are inquisitive, but it will also serve to keep me awake. Let’s get started!
- Sat, 9:25pm Here is the beginning post. Look how awake I am! I’m sure that this will simply go down hill from here. Right now I’m finishing up some things on my computer (cleaning some folders, re-allocation files between my computer and external HD, etc.). I have the radio on in the other room, further cementing my opinion that the radio sucks. I used to think that it was popular music that I hated the most, but know I think I dislike pretty much every radio personality that comes on. I really don’t care about their views, and they’re not as “shocking” or funny as they think they are. But anyhow, this is a riveting start to my night, and it can only get better from here.
- Sat. 10:58pm For my second hour of all night-ness, I decided to play one of the games I bought last weekend a little bit. The game in question is Professor Layton and the Curious Village, and basically you do a lot of brain teaser puzzles while solving a mystery in some town. It’s really fun, but the puzzles are getting pretty difficult. After playing the game for a little bit, I decided that more people needed to watch me do absolutely nothing for eight hours. To accomplish this task, I turned on my webcam and allowed this website to show my ugly mug to the masses. I’ve used this service a few times, but it’s not on all the time. This is also the same service we use with Pressed & Bound when we do our “live” show.
- Sun. 12:12am This hour was actually not much different from the last. I spent some more time chatting in the video chat until Safari crashed for whatever reason. I was in a very deep discussion about whether or not Simply Apple is better than Simply Limeade. Of course, Simply Apple wins, but the person I was talking to didn’t know what they were actually saying. It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. Afterwards I spoke to my brother for a while about removing warts. Apparently it’s time to cut this one I have on my finger out with a knife, Rambo-style. And now it’s passed midnight. Six more hours to go.
- Sun. 1:28am I’ve been able to stave off the sleepiness for another hour. Unfortunately, my weariness is starting to rear its ugly head. I’ve starting yawning more at this hour than any prior. Since the last hour, I’ve stopped chatting altogether, and instead focused on a chapter in a novel I should be able to finish tonight. After that chapter I played some more Professor Layton. I’m nearing the end of both the game and the novel. Currently, I’m getting pretty hungry. Hopefully some masticating will keep me awake for another round.
- Sun. 2:31am I was able to score some vittles for this hour. I had two coffee-mug-fulls of Double Raisin Raisin Bran. The reason I used a mug is because all of my bowls are currently in the dishwasher. The reason I buy DRRB is because raisins are awesome. I snarfed down those two mugs of cereal while watching the last thirty minutes of THX 1138. I got it today from Netflix. It was interesting enough. Afterwards, I started back up with the video games. Again, I’m getting to the end of this game. My new goal as of now is beating this game and finishing reading the novel that I only have 20 or so pages on. Both of those tasks should be pretty easy and keep me awake…I hope.
- Sun. 3:34am Victory shall be mine in but a measly two and a half hours. This past hour netted me a couple of small victories. Firstly, I finished the laundry I had planned on doing today. That was exciting. I still have quite a bit to do for tomorrow, however. Additionally. I was able to knock out the book I was reading. It was a fun book to read, and pretty well written, I must say. Expect a review of it on the show in the coming weeks. That’s pretty much all I did for this hour. I plan on hitting that game some more next.
- Sun. 4:31am Nothing much to report now. My eyes are starting to hurt a little from keeping them up for so long, but otherwise no worse for wear. The effects of my night snack seem to be wearing off a little bit. I wouldn’t mind snacking again. Unfortunately, I do not really have a whole lot in my pantry at the moment that I really would like to eat. Chocolate sounds delicious. I might go today and buy up a bag or two of discount Easter candy. I did start playing the game again. I’m in the final area, and I know I’m getting close. Since my cut off for tonight is 6am, I may not make another hourly note, but simply wait until then unless I just can’t make it. Here’s to hoping I can stay up.
- Sun. 6:10am I made it. I don’t know how, but I made it. It’s been a long night, but now I will retire to some much needed rest. All in all, I think things went well enough. I just need to make sure that at work I have something to do during these hours. I know I’ll be doing work, but there will be some down time too. Also, I did beat the game. I’m watching the credits as I type this. It was a pretty productive night. I finished a book, a movie, and a game. Go me. Time to sleep.